Brown Bag Series: Build & Market Your Website 1 of 10
November 16 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm$25
10 Week Course – Starting on November 16, 2018
$225 or $25/session*
Whether you have a business website that needs just a bit of refinement, no website at all and need to come into the age of technology or you simply have an idea for a business, this is the class for you. We will give you some tools to help you formulate your plan, refine your on-line business presence to reach your intended audience and help you get better SEO rankings by getting your business listed in the top search engines.
Bring a laptop and be prepared to establish (if needed) and work directly on your business’ website to increase your marketing effectiveness. You will get your business on-line if it isn’t already, develop or fine tune your mission & story, determine or refine your market, share your story and discover how to get noticed. Each week we will work on a different aspect of your on-line business. There will be homework!
Weekly topics covered include:
- Mission/message/market – We will work to define/refine these critical components to your marketing strategy. Bring your thinking caps. You will build the foundation for all of your efforts! We will also discuss Federal, State and County requirements for your business.
- Getting it all on-line – Laptops are critical from this class forward! If you have a website, make sure you can log in prior to class. We will get you on-line if you are starting from scratch and work directly on your website. This week will focus on making sure everyone is familiar with their content managers (WordPress, etc) and getting ready to tackle the big things. We will talk about content, photos, graphics and more.
- Design & content best practices – In this session we will discuss and put in place best practices for home page design, landing pages, cornerstone content, and more.
- Working session – This week is an opportunity to work, catch up, ask questions and pull what you have learned already together.
- SEO, directories, reviews & results – This week we will get your business listed in the search engine directories, work on search engine optimization (SEO), learn how to collect reviews and analyze the results.
- Leads, lists, and email outreach – We will cover more on landing pages, sales, finding your tribe, collecting email leads and email marketing. You will develop a landing page for your site to use with social media.
- Easy ways to use social media – Make connections between your website and your social media platforms, setup social accounts if you don’t have them, learn about best practices for using social media to enhance your business marketing effectiveness.
- More on content and resources – Regardless of your business model and intentions, adding a blog or podcast to your site can enhance the value both to your and your tribe tremendously. We will cover the basics here and get your site ready for content. We will also go over the many free and low cost resources to help you with your online marketing journey.
- Reaching out to & getting involved with your communities – We’ll take a look at on-line and off-line ways to become part of the community you wish to enhance.
- Working session – Another opportunity to continue pulling all the pieces together. Work on your site and your marketing with the group, ask questions, move forward with your plan!
- Weekly lessons
- Private Facebook working group for ongoing support
- 2 month’s free website hosting (Our hosting fees are 7.95/mo which includes 2 email accounts – paid yearly OR 9.95/mo paid monthly)
*SPACE IS LIMITED. Please reserve space with $25 non-refundable class fee. Balance is due at the beginning of each class.
Class dates: TBD